Sarah, Harvey, and Pannill talk about Derek Miller's 2016 article, Average Broadway, Jesse Green's controversial Brief History of Gay Theater essay in the New York Times Style Mag, and TAPS gateway classes.
Here are links to some of the things we discuss in this episode:
- The call for 2018 ASTR Working Sessions has been posted
- The NEA and NEH received funding increases in the new federal spending bill
- Patrick Duggan and Stuart Andrews are conducting a research program called Performing City Resilience
- Derek Miller's article, "Average Broadway"
- Jesse Green's essay, "A Brief History of Gay Theater, In Three Acts"
- Alisa Solomon's response
- The Chronicle's series, "The Awakening: Women and Power in the Academy"